*All employees must be vaccinated against Covid-19 under our policy. Exemptions will be reviewed by the Center's executives.
Clinical Information Specialist - This position will lead CIS design, implementation and enhancement support to nurses, providers, and allied health professionals throughout the organization. Assesses workflow related processes and requirements and facilitates operational improvements along with system enhancements and modifications to meet clinician requirements. Provides guidance to the healthcare team while providing project oversight and direction. Recommends and implements approved system optimizations.
- Collaborates with management and clinicians in designing, implementing, and maintaining clinical systems. Assists in the development of design specifications in support of new or modified clinical applications, regulatory requirements, and best practices
- Documents current processes to establish a baseline for developmental improvements of future workflows. Validates work developed by support teams. Analyzes, recommends, and assists with implementing new and improved processes and workflows.
- Participates in potential improvements in current use of systems.
- Supports the integration and use of evidence-based methods, tools, and guidelines linked to effective outcomes.
- Supports data analytics, including quality of care measures, to improve population health outcomes and global health. Supports clinical staff in the real time application of information to change healthcare delivery and affect patient outcomes.
- Model expert clinical informatics practice to interprofessional team members and healthcare consumers.
- Develops and teaches the theory and practice of clinical informatics.
- Experience with NextGen or similar EHR highly desirable.
- Experience with report writing a plus.
May be required to travel to our other sites when necessary located in Ogemaw & Iosco counties.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in a health discipline, informatics/analytics, business, or related field -OR- a combination of 2 years' experience in a position that has the same or similar primary duties working with a clinical information system within a healthcare setting.
*All employees must be vaccinated against Covid-19 under our policy. Exemptions will be reviewed by the Center's executives. Great benefits after 90 days! EOE
340B Program Coordinator- The 340B Program Coordinator will analyze all data related to participation in the 340B drug discount program including performing routine audits, maintaining policies, procedures, and certification, and is responsible for day-to-day administration and operation of the 340B drug discount program. 3-5 years of 340B Compliance Program experience in healthcare and/or with a healthcare provider. High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. Bachelor of Science in business or health related field preferred. EOE
Social Worker - Must be able to obtain a MCBAP certification with in 3 years of employment and complete other required training. Two years of Social Work experience preferred with knowledge of health and chronic conditions, evidence based guidelines, prevention, wellness, health risk assessment and patient education. 1. Provides direct social work and substance abuse counseling services to individuals and groups including screening, assessment, individualized treatment planning, and discharge planning. 2. Maintains 100% of time devoted to direct patient care, patient charting and related activities. 3. Enrolls and maintains active provider status with in billing insurances. 4. Completes assessments of the client's needs. 5. Identifies the targeted high risk and referred population within practice sites per PCP referral. Use screening tools to assess over time the mental health, educational and psychosocial needs of the patient/family. 6. Experience with Electronic Health Records.' *All employees must be vaccinated against Covid-19 under our policy. Exemptions will be reviewed by the Center's executives. EOE
Medical Assistant/Clinical Float -Full time position. Experience working within an outpatient medical office is preferred. General responsibility is direct patient care given within the outpatient medical office. Prepares routine patients for care delivered by the medical provider, performs laboratory work, checks in patients, obtains patient history, takes vital signs, EKG's, PFT's, Immunizations, using an electronic medical records system and assisting with medical examinations along with other related job duties. Must be licensed in the state of Michigan. Must be willing to travel to other locations within Arenac, Ogemaw and Iosco counties. EOE
Behavioral Health Receptionist/ Medical Assistant- Position open for full-time employment. Experience working within an outpatient medical office is preferred. General responsibility is direct patient care given within the outpatient medical office. Position involves answering phones, scheduling for multiple providers, checking insurance, taking outside referrals, scanning, creating Zoom meetings, sending out paperwork, preparing new patient packets and a variety of other tasks along with other related job duties. EOE
Health Information Clerk-Compiling, organizing, maintaining, and protecting confidential medical records. Using EHR software, the health Information clerk scans in documents, manipulates current data, edits existing information, and proofreads new data ensuring accuracy. File scanned documents and information into patient's electronic medical record and interacts with requestors to identify medical records needed for patient care, review, billing or release of information. Requires knowledge of confidentiality policies and laws relating to release of medical information. Minimum high school diploma and (2) years prior experience handling medical records. Some Health Information courses preferred. EOE
Referral Coordinator -The Referral Coordinator prepares clinical data for physician approval and obtains authorizations and acts as liaison between patients and internal/external medical teams.
Ensuring accurate and timely completion of forms to expedite patient care for all providers.
- Ability to prioritize based on urgency of referral.
- Processes authorization for consults and procedures on both fee-for-service as well as managed care patients.
- Advises the patient of receipt/denial of authorization requests.
- Performs advanced functions of the EMR which are beyond the abilities of front and back-office users.
- Ensures all authorizations are placed in the appropriate folder within patient charts
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g., transportation services or prescription assistance).
- Contact insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met.
- 1+ years of experience in medical terminology and outpatient health care system(s) including managed care preferred. Must have H.S. diploma, be team-oriented and have strong customer service skills. EOE
LPN - full time position available in the walk in clinic or at the West Branch Clinic. Peds experience necessary. Competitive wages offered. Experience preferred. General responsibility is direct patient care given within the outpatient medical office. Prepares patients for care delivered by the medical provider, performs laboratory work, checks in patients, obtains patient history, takes vital signs, EKG's, PFT's, Immunizations, using an electronic medical records system and assisting with medical examinations along with other related job duties. Must be licensed in the state of Michigan & willing to travel to other locations in Arenac, Ogemaw & Iosco counties. EOE
Physicians : Full-Time Family, Internal, and Pediatric Scope of practice Medicine. Candidates must have the following: MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school, Licensed to practice in the State of Michigan and be board certified or (board eligible if a new physician). EOE
Send Us Your Resume
Sterling Area Health Center
725 E. State St. #740
Sterling, MI 48659
OR SUBMIT ONLINE