*All employees must be vaccinated against Covid-19 under our policy. Exemptions will be reviewed by the Center's executives.
The Referral Coordinator prepares clinical data for physician approval and obtains authorizations and acts as liaison between patients and internal/external medical teams. Duties include:
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of forms to expedite patient care for all providers.
- Ability to prioritize based on urgency of referral.
- Processes authorization for consults and procedures on both fee-for-service as well as managed care patients.
- Advises the patient of receipt/denial of authorization requests.
- Performs advanced functions of the EMR which are beyond the abilities of front and back-office users.
- Ensures all authorizations are placed in the appropriate folder within patient charts.
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g., transportation services or prescription assistance).
- Contact insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met.
Qualifications: 1+ years of experience in medical terminology and outpatient health care system(s) including managed care preferred. Must have H.S. diploma, be team-oriented and have strong customer service skills
IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist will provide entry level support to Sterling Area Health Center setting up, managing, troubleshooting, and maintaining computer and network systems.
- Maintain inventory of ALL Electronic/IT Infrastructure. Including, but not limited to PC’s, Monitors, Laptops, Mobile Devices, Scanners, Printers, and VOIP Phones
- Perform as Liaison to business vendors of IT merchandise and Network Infrastructure
- install and configure new computers and deploy them appropriately
- First level of support for staff for all computer-related issues
- Password changes for major programs including Microsoft O365
- Maintain and ensure security and privacy of IT systems and information.
- Install and configure appropriate hardware and software according to Company Specifications
- Identify support issues beyond first level and escalate to the appropriate second level support.
- Deliver on-call/after-hours support as necessary.
- Respond to Helpdesk tickets generated and document issues and resolutions thoroughly
- Upgrade software and hardware resources as necessary
- Educating all staff on technology security and usage
- Travels to multiple locations for Sterling Area Health Center as necessary
- Able to take on special projects as required
- Basic computer networking
- Participates in meetings involving technology at Sterling Area Health Center
- Set up meetings and conference calls for all employees.
Technical courses in software and hardware installations and operating systems necessary. Must be able to perform troubleshooting, networking, and have strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills. Work experience/ H.S. Diploma with additional IT courses preferred.
Social Worker - Must be able to obtain a MCBAP certification with in 3 years of employment and complete other required training. Two years of Social Work experience preferred with knowledge of health and chronic conditions, evidence based guidelines, prevention, wellness, health risk assessment and patient education. 1. Provides direct social work and substance abuse counseling services to individuals and groups including screening, assessment, individualized treatment planning, and discharge planning. 2. Maintains 100% of time devoted to direct patient care, patient charting and related activities. 3. Enrolls and maintains active provider status with in billing insurances. 4. Completes assessments of the client's needs. 5. Identifies the targeted high risk and referred population within practice sites per PCP referral. Use screening tools to assess over time the mental health, educational and psychosocial needs of the patient/family. 6. Experience with Electronic Health Records.' *All employees must be vaccinated against Covid-19 under our policy. Exemptions will be reviewed by the Center's executives. EOE
340B Program Coordinator- The 340B Program Coordinator will analyze all data related to participation in the 340B drug discount program including performing routine audits, maintaining policies, procedures, and certification, and is responsible for day-to-day administration and operation of the 340B drug discount program. 3-5 years of 340B Compliance Program experience in healthcare and/or with a healthcare provider. High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. Bachelor of Science in business or health related field preferred. EOE
Medical Assistant/Clinical Float -Full time position. Experience working within an outpatient medical office is preferred. General responsibility is direct patient care given within the outpatient medical office. Prepares routine patients for care delivered by the medical provider, performs laboratory work, checks in patients, obtains patient history, takes vital signs, EKG's, PFT's, Immunizations, using an electronic medical records system and assisting with medical examinations along with other related job duties. Must be licensed in the state of Michigan. Must be willing to travel to other locations within Arenac, Ogemaw and Iosco counties. EOE
LPN - full time position available in the walk in clinic or at the West Branch Clinic. Peds experience necessary. Competitive wages offered. Experience preferred. General responsibility is direct patient care given within the outpatient medical office. Prepares patients for care delivered by the medical provider, performs laboratory work, checks in patients, obtains patient history, takes vital signs, EKG's, PFT's, Immunizations, using an electronic medical records system and assisting with medical examinations along with other related job duties. Must be licensed in the state of Michigan & willing to travel to other locations in Arenac, Ogemaw & Iosco counties. EOE
Medical Assistant- Front Office - Full time. Must be able to communicate effectively, have excellent interpersonal skills as well as organization and time management skills. Must possess computer operation competencies and knowledge. Performs general front office functions including answering the phone, checking in/out patients, obtaining/verifying insurance information. Collecting payments and entering data into the practice management system. Provide initial patient triage under supervision. Must be willing to travel to other locations within Arenac, Ogemaw and Iosco counties. Customer service and computer skills a must. Certification preferred. EOE
Custodian - Part-time custodial position maintaining cleanliness of the clinics while following health standards and keeping facilities hazard free. Willingness to travel to five other site locations in Arenac, Ogemaw & Iosco counties necessary. Must be able to work well with others or independently, lift over 25 1bs., meet deadlines and multi-task. Evening/night shift. Experience necessary. EOE
Physicians : Full-Time Family, Internal, and Pediatric Scope of practice Medicine. Candidates must have the following: MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school, Licensed to practice in the State of Michigan and be board certified or (board eligible if a new physician). EOE
Send Us Your Resume
Sterling Area Health Center
725 E. State St. #740
Sterling, MI 48659
OR SUBMIT ONLINE